Tiji Festival celebrated by Tibetan Buddhist people in the Lo Manthang region is a celebrated annually to chase away the demons.Tiji Festival Trek is a very famous festival in Buddhism mainly happen in Lo-manthang. Tenji or Tiji festival is an annual event commonly pronounced also “Teeji” is abbreviated form of Tempa Chhirim.
Mustang was once an independent Kingdom, although closely tied by language and culture to Tibet. From the 15th century to the 17th century, its strategic location trade between the Himalayas and India. At the end of the 18th century the kingdom was annexed by Nepal.
Tiji Festival is celebrated in Lo-Manthang (Upper Mustang) of Nepal. It is the most important spiritual ceremony which is influenced by Tibetan Buddhism. Tiji Festival is a three days long festival celebrated to mark the victory of Buddha’s incarnation over a demon. The ritual is known as the ‘Chasing of Demons‘.
Dorje Jono fought and defeated this demon and the festival celebrates his victory with prayer chants and colourful dances.
Tiji Festival Trek 2020 will be celebrated on 19th to 21st May 2020. Apart from strolling along the stunning and exceptional surroundings of Upper Mustang. Magnificent views of the snow-topped peaks, you can partake on this vibrant and lively festival which will be a lifetime experience.
Tiji Festival Trek Videos
- Mustang Tiji Festival trek is one of most popular annual religious festival of Upper mustang- ancient capital kingdom of Lo-manthang
- Tiji is 3 days religious belief and festival of chasing Demons from Mustang
- Tiji fetival is annually celebrated in month of May
- You will experience a great flight from Pokhara to jomsom and fly back to pokhara
- 21 days Mustang Tiji festival is one of best festival trekking experience of lifetime.
- Tiji festival mustang trek is only available in month of may every year