Planning for a Tiji festival overland jeep tour?. Tiji Festival celebrated in the Lo Manthang region by Tibetan Buddhist people is a colorful festival of the Upper Mustang. Celebrated once a year for three days in the beginning of the harvest season, the festival is believed to be celebrated to dispel the demons.
Tiji Festival Jeep Tour, an exciting festival tour in Nepal celebrated by Buddhist Tibetan community is 100 years old. Tiji is a festival celebrated among the tribes of Upper Mustang who follows Tibetan Buddhism in Nepal. The Tiji Festival Overland Tour offers travelers with a new way to explore and travel to Upper Mustang.
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek is a trek to Upper Mustang centered around ‘Tiji Festival’. This trek allows trekkers to get an intimate experience with the local culture. You can witness the traditional festivities of the local people of Mustang. We Adventure Connexion, a local trekking agency offers you to enjoy and be witness to this sacred festival for an unforgettable experience in the high Himalayan remote region of Upper Mustang
For the year 2020 the festival will celebrated on 19th – 21st May 2020. Apart from strolling along the stunning and exceptional surroundings of Upper Mustang with the magnificent views of the snow-topped peaks. The Tiji festival dances are all organized by the Choedhe Monastery, which belongs to the Sakya sect of Buddhism. The monastery is headed by a Rimpoche. About 65 monks from Lo Manthang, Nhenyul and Chhosyer reside in this monastery.
During this 3-day festival, you can also witness the unrolling of an ancient thangka. It depicts the painting of Guru Rinpoche Padmasambhava. The locals believe that witnessing the dance and the thangka helps bring peace and prosperity to one’s life and lands. The locals also believe the dance performed during the festival cleanses the village and surrounding lands of evil souls.
- Take a journey to Land beyond the Himalayas in 4WD Land cruiser drive.
- Feel the Buddhist spirituality and beliefs via Tiji Festival in the naturally isolated region.
- Experience mini Tibet: Tibetan people/culture/lifestyles/ ancient cave.
- Visit the picturesque areas including magnificent barren landscapes ancient caves, century old monasteries and many other archeological sites.
- Experience the Himalaya views from its backyard.
- Test the renowned local apples, apple pie and apple wine (marpha) in Jomsom.
- Visit Muktinath: important pilgrimage site for Hindus and Buddhist.
- Take a journey through Kaligandaki George, the world deepest.
- Take a tour in the beautiful city of Pokhara (Lakes, caves and Davis fall).