Completed by Charles, Prince of Wales in 1980, Begnas Thulokot Trek is a part of the “Royal Trek”. This 8 hour trek in the Pokhara region gives you an opportunity to see beautiful unspoiled countryside villages and a magnificent view of the Annapurna Range. Another main highlight of this trek is the boating experience in the pristine waters of Begnas Lake.
Pokhara is the second largest city of Nepal after Kathmandu. It is just at a distance of 200 km from Kathmandu, and is easily accessible. Hiking and Trekking around Pokhara is a wonderful experience to have. Here is the best half day trek / hiking that can be done in Pokhara.
The Begnas Thulokot Day hiking starts in Pokhara, where your guide will come to pick you up at 8:30 am and then drive to Begnas Lake. We will have a private vehicle which will drop you off at the trek starting point. Then your guide will take you along the trekking route that takes us to Kalikasthan village. It will take about 45 minutes to reach this small settlement, located on a hill that overlooks the Annapurna range.
Here you can explore the untouched and less modern villages, compared to villages located on other trekking routes in the Annapurna region. Then we will continue our walk to Thulokot, which means “Big Settlement” in Nepali.
Begnas Thulokot Trek offers excellent views of the Annapurna range, Machhapuchhre and panoramic views of the Pokhara valley, Phewa Lake and Begnas Lake. The trekking is about an hour from Kalikastan to Thulokot which is an uphill climb.
- Private full-day tour with Begnas Thulokot hike and Begnas Lake boat ride
- Enjoy great views of Annapurna and the Himalayas
- Follow the footsteps of royalty on a hike that is part of the ‘Royal Trek’ completed in 1980 by Charles, Prince of Wales
- Learn about the region from commentary by the guide
- Includes private guide and transportation, boat ride, and hotel pickup and drop-off