The Annapurna Base Camp Trek (4130m/13550feet.) is one of the most happening treks in Nepal situated at the south of the great Annapurna. Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) Trek is one of the most popular treks in Nepal. It is quite easy and shorter trek than other high altitude treks in Nepal. This Annapurna trek incorporates diverse terrain, culture, and wildlife. Along with the most spectacular and close up view of Annapurna range, Machhapuchhre, Hiunchuli, and Dhaulagiri.
The Annapurna Base Camp is a high glacial basin lying 40 km directly north of Pokhara. This oval-shaped plateau sits at an altitude of over 4000 metres. It surrounded by a ring of mountains, the Annapurna range most of which are over 7000 metres. 14 Days Annapurna Base Camp trek is a moderate nature trek. Ghandruk and Chhomrong village, Annapurna base camp (4130m.) and Jhinu(Natural hot spring) are major attraction of this trek. Annapurna base camp is surrounded by many Himalayan ranges which include the Annapurna range and famous virgin fishtail (Machhapuchhre) mountain that dominate the skyline above Pokhara.
The devastating earthquake of 25 April and 12 May was kinder to the Annapurna region. It suffered the least damage. According to Miyamoto International’s report on damage assessment, less than 1 percent of the route and 3 percent of guesthouses dismantled during an earthquake. Most of the damage occurred on the Annapurna Circuit trail rather than ABC trail. So, the region welcomed trekkers during the peak season of autumn (September-November).
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Video
- You can relax in the hot water pool at Jhinu Danda after returning from the Base Camp.
- You will have the privilege of exploring the two base camps- Annapurna Base Camp (4130 meters) and Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700 meters) on the same trip.
- You will know about the culture, traditions, and typical living practices of Gurung people in Ghandruk village.
- You can click a 360-degree view of Annapurna ranges, Hiunchuli, Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre Himal from the Annapurna Base Camp.
- You will have a pleasant time following the waves of Modi Khola and walking through the forests with diverse flora and fauna.